Effective Lead Management: converting more leads into sales
We had a great turn out for our recent B2B Lead Generation Rountable Webinar “Effective Lead Management: Learn How to Convert Marketing Leads into Sales Pipeline.” In case you missed the live presentation, there are still two ways you can review it:
- Watch the Presentation recording (no registration)
- Read the Effective Lead Management Executive Summary
I discussed steps for overcoming one of the biggest challenges organizations face today: converting leads to sales pipeline revenue. For most organizations, these problems stem from perception and communication issues between Marketing and Sales and a lack of process.
While I emphasize sales and marketing being on the same page is key to a well-optimized lead generation process, the solution involves more than just generating more high-quality leads. Marketing and Sales need to use a robust qualification and nurturing process to optimize the leads already in the pipeline.
I taught a ‘playbook’ for effective lead management that helps optimize the lead generation process to produce major ROI gains. The ‘playbook’ included five steps:
- refine the universal lead definition of “sales-ready”
- qualify leads based on the universal lead definition
- nurture early leads until they were “sales ready”
- define a clear process from Marketing to Sales
- close the loop via Sales and Marketing “huddles”
You may also like: