Podcast: Sales and Marketing the Six Sigma Way
It’s been well documented that the quality of collaboration between sales and marketing directly impacts ROI.
The challenge that many organizations face is that their sales process is a black box. No one except the sales team knows what is going on inside the black box until a proposal or sale happens. Worse still, 80% of the leads that go into the sales black box are rarely seen again.
This makes it particularly challenging for marketers who are trying to measure their revenue contribution and lead generation ROI. So what can be done about it?
Process mapping is a well-known technique for creating a common vision and shared language for improving business results.
I had the chance to interview Michael Webb, founder of Sales Performance Consultants and an expert on sales process improvement on his excellent book, Sales and Marketing the Six Sigma Way. Michael gives some great input on how sales and marketing can use the six sigma process to create better sales and marketing results.
- How is six sigma relevant to the sales and marketing process?
- How can sales and marketing apply a six sigma process and what are some problems the process can address?
- What are the barriers in helping to create the six sigma process?
- How do you encourage people in sales and marketing who have tried to create a process that hasn’t worked, to give it another shot and how can you help them create one that works?
- Provide examples of companies with complex sales that applied six sigma to the sales and marketing process.
You may also like: