8 Lead Nurturing Thoughts to Share
Here are a few thoughts that I’ve had on lead nurturing recently:
- Lead nurturing supports the conversation of the customer before, during and after their buying process.
- Sowing + Nurturing = Reaping. As you sow, so shall you reap. A relationship properly sown, tended to, and helped along should reap a long and bountiful harvest.
- Lead Nurturing is about building relationships through relevant conversations, not campaigns.
- If your sales team is following up on nurtured leads, give them relevant/related talking points to use. The first impression matters. So does the second. So does every single touch after that.
- Consistency and relevancy is key. Don’t let up. Be consistent. No matter how busy you make time to do lead nurturing activities.
- Treat “leads” like “future customers” because that’s what they are.
- “Tell-and-sell” is a thing of the past. Become a trusted advisor by adding value with each interaction and sharing relevant information.What IS and ISN’T Lead Nurturing.
- Nurture your existing customers. Don’t just emphasize new account acquisition nurturing. From this point forward you should look to nurture your current customers with the same energy and optimism as you do with leads and you’ll be amazed by the results.